I posted this list on Facebook and thought it might be interesting to put on our family blog.
1. I love sunshine. I enjoy rain for about 2 days and then I start to go crazy. I hate the snow. I love feeling the warmth of the sun on my face.
2. I have moved 10 times in the past 8 years (Visalia house #1, Visalia house #2, Visalia house #3, Tulare, back to Visalia house #3, Woodland, Davis, Sacramento, Fresno, Sacramento). Needless to say, I am happy to be in one place for the next 2 1/2 years.
3. My husband and I met in August 2001, started dating in March 2002, were engaged in June 2002, and married in August 2002. We've enjoyed 6 1/2 years of marriage thus far! :)
4. I recently decided (after lots of research) to homeschool my kids. My oldest started Kindergarten last month and we're having a blast!
5. I don't subscribe to cable. Our TV is plugged in for movies, but no television. I don't listen to the radio either. I enjoy the silence.
6. My husband and I read out loud to each other at night as often as we can. We love reading a good book after a stressful day.
7. I've been to Hawaii 3 times (which is not enough). :)
8. I cut my husband's hair. This is something that my husband has requested. I dread it each month, but I'll continue to do it until...
9. I gave birth naturally (no epidural) to my last daughter. This was not by choice; she came so quick that the anesthesiologist didn't get there in time.
10. I look forward to checking the mail each day. I love getting packages, cards, and letters.
11. I lead the music in church each Sunday.
12. I have no idea how to send text messages on my phone. Pretty sad, huh?
13. I hope to have AT LEAST 5 kids.
14. I love to sing and wish I had joined the choir in high school. I hope to take voice lessons when my kids are older.
15. My husband and I used to live in a 597 square foot, 2 bedroom apartment. It had wall-to-wall linoleum (no carpet), no garbage disposal, no dishwasher, and no washer/dryer. We had two kids while living there. We were incredibly poor and incredibly HAPPY! We LOVED our time there. It was a great experience to learn that money does not buy happiness.
16. I love to eat Cinnamon Toast Crunch for breakfast.
17. I had braces when I was in junior high. I never wear my retainer. For some reason it always puts a space between my 2 front teeth.
18. I hitchhiked with 2 guys who were polygamists. NO JOKE! My car broke down and they stopped to help. Me and two friends hopped in their car and they took us to my grandparents house (3 hours away). I know this will sound weird, but they were really nice guys. They weren't psycho freaks like you would think. And just for clarity, I DO NOT BELIEVE IN POLYGAMY!!!! :)
19. I love people with disabilities, especially children. Before staying at home with my kids, I worked for 5 years with infants and toddlers who had disabilities. It was awesome, and I hope to do it again when my kids are older.
20. While getting married the officiator mispronounced both of our names and forgot to have us kiss! Yeah, pretty big mistakes!
21. I don't really like my name. I think it's kind of boring. I wish I was named after someone or that my name was chosen because of its meaning. For that reason, my husband and I have chosen our children's names very carefully.
22. I love shopping on Craigslist. I've purchased tons of things (couches, refrigerator, entertainment center, baby things, etc).
23. I don't like grilled chicken breasts. I used to eat them all of the time, but now the thought of them makes me want to gag. I don't like steak either.
24. I love my silverware. I know that sounds crazy. But I really love it!
25. I think the hardest and most amazing job is being a stay-at -home Mom. I LOVE IT!
4 comments:
Tee hee. Reminds me of how our sealer addressed us as "Steven and Gleena." At least that's kind of technically my real name.
This was fun to read.
I am cracking up about #18! Just the other day, I was looking through old scrapbooks and came across pics. from that trip. I was shaking my head in disbelief that we weren't a little smarter (especially now that I have daughters of my own). At the time, I felt like we had no choice. Good thing they turned out to be nice. Ahh, memories! Also, good luck with the homeschooling. I'm always amazed with women who can do it. You have a great background for it.
Post a Comment