Within 2 hours of house hunting, I found the one I wanted. It is a little farther than we hoped for (20 minute commute) but it was so much cheaper than everything else. Scottsdale real estate is a little insane (so we opted for North Phoenix to save some $).
Here is the rundown for all who may be interested. It is less than 10 years old. It has 4 bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths, and a loft. It is two story (something we wanted to try since we've never lived in a 2 story house). It has a large backyard with desert landscape (rocks, dirt, a tree, and a few bushes) along with a fenced pool. It is 2240 square feet. It is at the end of a cul-de-saq, where there is a path that leads to a park which is one street over. Seriously, it's perfect. The only thing it is lacking is grass, and I can deal with that. I am beside myself with excitement! OH, and my favorite part of the house is something nobody will ever see---my HUGE walk-in closet. :D
My family has been bugging me for pictures. Unfortunately we didn't take very many of the house. Here are a few:
Street view
Formal living/dining area (kind of makes me laugh since we don't have any formal furniture)
Family room
Master bedroom (LOVE the french door entry)
Upstairs hallway
Bedroom (this is the smallest one, but they pretty much all look the same)
The park around the corner from us.
Look how green it is:
We are so excited for our new home. We'll miss our CA friends & family, but we're looking forward to a new adventure. :D
8 comments:
Wow! That looks awesome & sounds great! So glad you found something you really like there! It will be do different from your place right now! Lots of room & a pool!!! Lucky duck!!! So fun!!!
OHHHHHHHH HOW AWESOME is that new home and AREA!!! YOU will love it!! It sounds like everything I want in our next rental!!! I doubt we will find that here in CA :( Wish we could be joining you there in North Pheonix. I actually like it there!
So awesome! Glad to hear you are happy with your new adventure. We will come see you on one of our visits. Sad you are leaving Sacramento. Even though don't see you that often anymore, we will miss you guys. Good Luck!
oh the cactus!! you are arizonians now! :) we are certainly two sisters having two different adventures this year ~ so EXCITED for you all~ xo
Yay - how exciting! The house sounds great! So much more room - it will be so nice for everyone to spread out!
Awesome! The house looks great!! I am definitely jealous, too. I don't think we will get that much room either. You have certainly earned it, though! We will miss you guys, too, but so glad things are working out well.
Oh how nice! I'm so glad you found something you like, and a park nearby is a definite plus. You can get your grass fix. And I'm definitely envious of your square footage! When can we come visit? :)
Wow- that looks like one nice house! I'm so glad you found something you like- I really do like Arizona. Maybe we'll have to come visit sometime!
Post a Comment