LIfe with the Ropers

LIfe with the Ropers

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

SCHOOL

Miss L and Miss A started school 3 days ago. They were excited and nervous, but I think I was more nervous than they were. I did cry a little bit, but only after I said good-bye and the girls couldn't see me (I didn't want to scare them). I can hardly believe that I am doing this. Most mom's send off one child at a time...for 3 hrs of kindergarten. But I sent off 2 kids for 7 hrs, and it is so....weird. It has been hard to relinquish control of my children's education. I feel so lost in the public school world---I'm sure I'll figure it all out eventually.

My house is very quiet. I LOVE IT! Miss R and Miss C are loving the attention. In fact, Miss R has not asked for her older sisters once! Haha! I admit that I do miss my girls, but I know they are having fun and learning lots of things (not just academics).

Our afternoons have been nuts. Our extra-curricular activities don't start until next week (Ballet & Art) and I already don't know how kids have enough hours in the day. Luckily the girls won't have too much homework (I'm guessing it's b/c they spend 7 hrs at school---that's a long day for a 5 and 7 year old).

Here is a picture of my beautiful school girls:


Love, love, love these girls. I miss them when they are gone, but I know they are in good hands.

3 comments:

Marin said...

They are SOOOO BEAUTIFUL! Oh how I miss your ADORABLE FAMILY! I miss Sacramento, our ward, our friends. Change is so hard and I bet that is so hard having them GO SOOO LONG to school. I was thinking about that they other day and really kids that little shouldn't have to have 7hrs at school. They should really wait till 3rd grade to have a FULL day! But really they probably are having so much fun!!!

As for us we are still in Visalia. Justin is working two part time jobs doing Bankruptcy. We are hoping to save up and open our own firm either in Northern or Southern CA, but we will see!!! Maybe we are dreaming TOO BIG!!!! :) Miss you AMY! Hope you are enjoying that AZ heat!!!

Julie said...

They are so cute! I hope they love school. We have 2 more weeks of summer vacation, and I can already tell I'm going to have a hard time giving Derek up for that long!

kelly belly said...

they look so grown up! xo to everyone!...btw, i LOVE your family picture. it is adorable. can i get a copy somehow?