LIfe with the Ropers

LIfe with the Ropers

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Happy Easter!

We just came home from a wonderful Easter celebration. We went to my parents house. Gma O and Gma N also joined us, along with my younger brother and his family. We spent the entire weekend celebrating and eating and eating and eating and eating. Seriously, I cannot remember the last time I ate so much food. My mom is the most amazing cook, and always goes "all out" during the holidays. On Saturday we dyed easter eggs, had an egg hunt (100+ plastic eggs filled with candy for only 5 kids---pretty obnoxious--haha), and went out for pizza that night (a family tradition). On Sunday morning the girls found their Easter baskets filled with fun things from mommy and daddy. We had a delicious brunch and then we watched General Conference (enjoying our conference box from my parents). After that we hunted for our dyed eggs. We each had one egg with our name on it, and my dad hid them and wrote clues for us--another family tradition. Then the kids frosted and decorated sugar cookies. That was followed by a yummy dinner and then a review of the Easter story (opening plastic eggs and reading the scriptures).

Two days after Easter we went to visit G's parents (sans G, who was working nights back at home). We spent 3 days there. The girls jumped on the trampoline pretty much non-stop. They also dug a gigantic hole in the backyard (to go and visit Wonderland). They had a blast. :) It was nice and relaxing for me...and it made me even more anxious to have my own backyard. One day....one day I will have a backyard! I can't wait!!! We also had a chance to visit with Gma A. I'm kicking myself for not getting out the camera! But it was so great to see her and chat for a little while.

It really was a wonderful Easter! We had such a great time! And like all family gatherings, it went by way too fast!!! Here are some pictures from our week. Of course I didn't take enough. I always forget to bring out the camera when I'm with family. I'm just too busy having fun. :) The outdoor ones were taken by my sis-in-law who is a professional photographer. Man, the differences between her photos and mine are embarrassing. :) I'm so grateful her wonderful talent has added to my family history. Thanks J!!!!

Gma N frosting sugar cookies.

Gma O and Baby C

Cousins after the hunt

Miss R enjoying her first Easter stash

3 comments:

Ashley A. said...

That last picture is gorgeous! You could hang it on the wall. I need a photographer in my family! :)

Unknown said...

What a great family visit. Looks like everyone is delighted with their finds, especially R. Cute! Wishing you were here this weekend. :) Chris

tamster17 said...

So fun! Wish we could have been there too! :-)