LIfe with the Ropers

LIfe with the Ropers

Thursday, January 20, 2011

December Highlights

We had a lot to celebrate last month. First we had a wedding, then Christmas, followed by Miss L's birthday, and then a cruise to the caribbean. We took over 600 pictures last month, so it was hard to narrow it all down. But here are some of my favorites.

Freezing (but happy) outside the Draper, UT LDS temple.

Christmas Eve

L-O-V-E their expressions here!

At Grandma N's house

With all of the craziness of the season, we bought a cake from B&R's.

She is really growing up! I can't believe she is 7 already!

AND THEN THE CRUISE....

Last year my parents surprised me and my siblings (and spouses) with tickets for a cruise to the caribbean. All year we have been anticipating this getaway. It was such a total blast to be with everyone....without kids! And let me just give a quick shout-out to my in-laws who took care of my kiddos---THANK YOU AGAIN!!!!

The highlights of our cruise included incredible food, entertainment from the Blue Man Group, a hilarious Newlywed Game Show that my brother and his wife competed in, sailing our own regatta, parasailing, snorkeling, water slides, rock climbing, rappelling, more food, and more food, and more food. :D But the best part was getting to be with my brothers and sisters and parents. Thank you mom and dad for such a wonderful vacation!!!

Here are a few photos:

This is the top of the ship. The yellow tube is an awesome waterslide!

Sailing our regatta in St. Maarten! We didn't end up winning the race, but everyone worked so hard (except the bartender and the iceberg watcher--heehee). I had never been sailing before and the tipping of the boat made me REALLY nervous. I was sure we were going to tip!

St. Thomas

G & I parasailed over St. Thomas. It was absolutely beautiful!

This is where we went snorkeling. Unfortunately I did not get any photos of us in our gear. We saw two spotted sting rays, a barracuda fish (about 3 feet in length) and lots of other really pretty fish. It was so peaceful and fun!

Nassau, Bahamas
The color of the water was INCREDIBLE!

Swimming in the Bahamas

The sand was more like golden powder.

Waiting for Blue Man's Group. The show was fantastic!

G rock climbing on the ship

Everyone (except G who is taking the picture) at the French Bistro. The food was TO DIE FOR!

The beautiful ladies in my family.

And last, but certainly not least...the food (in no particular order).

Escargot (not my first time---but definitely the best I've ever had)

Raspberry Creme Brulee

Lobster

Rib Eye steak

Crab legs

Tomato salad

The best fish n chips I have ever eaten (a restaurant in St. Maarten)

Squid, Chicken, and Shrimp

Chocolate Fondue

Creme Puffs

Apple Tetin

Salmon

Puffed pastry with shrimp, scallops, & creme sauce (This meal was hands down the best meal on the entire cruise).

Duck salad


Teppanyaki--the garlic fried rice was amazing!

Traditional Creme Brulee (best dessert on the ship)

So now you know why I gained 7 pounds. HAHAHAHA!!!!!! Luckily I've already dropped 2 of those pounds and I'm moving on!

Thanks again Mom and Dad---for an awesome family vacation!











4 comments:

The Good Life said...

I have only been on one cruise and my ship stinked compared to that ship! HOW FUN! I'm way JEALOUS! So when are we getting together for a bbq? We need to plan something or it will never happen! I talked to Glade about it in August and it's now January! Have you eaten all the fish? ha ha! We would love to have you over!

Jani said...

HEY! I worked super hard watching for icebergs, I don't know why you're making fun of my job like it was nothing. . . best job I've ever had! Love your update.

Marin said...

What an AWESOME vacation!!! The water made my mouth water!! YUM YUM YUM!!! I want to swim in that BEAUTIFUL water!!! How fun for you guys!! Glad you guys had FUN!

Crystal said...

Holy cow, that looks like SO much fun! You really did have a great end of the year!