LIfe with the Ropers

LIfe with the Ropers

Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Verdict

Well, the holidays are over. The cruise has ended. The verdict is in.

I gained 7 pounds.

I do have to say that I completely deserved every ounce of gain. I had the most amazing food on our cruise, and I did not hold back at all. I indulged in every way possible, so in some ways I'm glad that I did not gain more....I sure felt like I had gained more than that!

This sets me back quite a ways. In order to successfully completely my goal, I still need to lose 53 pounds, in a little over 28 weeks. That means I need to lose about 2 pounds per week in order to meet my goal. It's still possible, but leaves NO ROOM for screwing up. *sigh* But I'm going to keep trying.

In two days I am going to attend a Weight Watchers meeting to check out their new Points Plus System. I've heard good things about it, and I think I'd like to try it out. We'll see.

Thanks again for the encouraging comments. Even though I gained weight in the last 3 weeks, I am still 13 pounds lighter in Jan 2011 than I was in Jan 2010...I am definitely moving in the right direction!!!



P.S. Last year my family had a weight loss contest. The weigh-in date was Dec. 23, 2010...and I WON!!!! I kind of have to laugh about this because my other siblings lost a TON of weight (a combined total of something like 300 lbs) the year before, so they really didn't have anything to lose this year. But still...I WON! :D

2 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Hillarious said...

Just keep it going and you'll get there! 7 lbs isn't bad for the holidays and a cruise!

Christie said...

I'm glad you let yourself enjoy your holidays and cruise.

Everything I've read lately, says, don't worry about the numbers on the scale, just keep moving in the right direction, which is exactly what you're doing.

You are a great example to me in many ways.