LIfe with the Ropers

LIfe with the Ropers

Monday, February 7, 2011

Some Birthday Fun

Miss L celebrated her 7th birthday last month. She had a dog themed party. Miss L was insistent that only kids 6 and older were invited. Haha. I guess she's getting older. :D

The kids had quite a fun time. Everyone brought their favorite stuffed dog. First we made dog collars, then decorated dog bowls. Then we had a Dog Show. Each of the girls had a chance to show off their dog, followed by a dog parade. Then awards were given (each dog received a different award). After that we had paw print cupcakes, played "Doggie, doggie, where's your bone?" and "Pin the pawprint on the puppy." We finished with opening presents. I think overall the party was lots of fun.









Next came my birthday. Since my birthday weekend was filled with stuff that had to be done, I didn't get too much of a celebration. But I did have homemade calzones, which is the birthday meal I used to request when I was a kid. The girls had a blast making their own, and they were DELICIOUS!

Since I didn't get to do anything real fun, I came up with a mini-getaway for us last weekend. We finally decided to go to a beach near Sacramento---Stinson beach. I don't know why we haven't gone before now. We had a total blast. It was 70 degrees, and the beach wasn't crowded at all. I love that the parking lot is right next to the water, so you don't have to hike carrying your kids and gear. And the bathrooms were close by as well, which is essential when you have 4 girls. Haha! Overall, we had an awesome trip to the beach. Man---I hope one day I own a home on the ocean! A girl can dream, right? :D



Miss A, the crocodile

Miss L getting eaten by a shark

Baby C wanted nothing to do with the sand.

And this picture, I just had to throw in. One morning, while I was on the phone, the girls made their own fort under the bunk bed.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

If I fly you out, will you throw Jordan a dog party for her birthday in May? She'd love it and I'd be off the hook. :) So jealous of your beach day. Our beach has icebergs still. Glad you found a fun way to celebrate your day. Chris

The Looney Writer said...

Excellent! A cage is the perfect place to keep them!

kelly belly said...

i LOVE the pictures. such a beautiful family! xo

tamster17 said...

So fun -- love all the pics! Looks like Liberty's birthday was so fun. Kayla wishes she could have come too! And how close is that beach to your house? Looks like a great place to hang out!