It's not going.
At all.
I was doing great for about a week, and then I got sick, and then I just got busier and busier....
And now I have officially entered a health rut.
All last year I worried about how much weight I would gain on my cruise, but I should have been worried about what would happen when I came home. I have had such a hard time getting back on track. After eating such yummy food on the ship, I've just continued in that pattern....and my pants are starting to feel the difference. Ugh.
The goal that I set 6 months ago is far from being reached. And even though I have another 6 months to work at it, I've been starting to think about babies again (which means pregnancy will most likely come sooner than I anticipated---and NO, I'm not pregnant YET). As I've been thinking (dwelling day and night) about this, I've decided to admit defeat and adjust my goals to reality. I need smaller steps to help me feel like I'm actually accomplishing something.
So starting today I am on a new track---my goal is to lose 10 pounds in 8 weeks (April 9th). And then I'll lose another 10, and then another, until...I get pregnant (which could be 2 months from now or 2 years from now, depending on how much my 4 children continue to fight day in and day out). :D
Anyway, sorry to disappoint all of those who were "holding me" to my original goal. It's just time to adjust to reality.
3 comments:
Hey do what you gotta do to motivate yourself. As long as you're moving in the right direction!
I think you're doing great! Smaller goals is what it is all about! You can totally do it!! I'm right there with you! If we were closer we could help each other out more! I also want to have another baby soon! I hope it happens! I have a much more difficult time getting pregnant though than you do! You're an inspiration to me Amy! Thanks for sharing your goals!
I admire you for not giving up!
It's easy (at least for me) to do this when feeling overwhelmed. Way to keep moving in the right direction!
Just keep thinking about the great health and energy you'll enjoy while taking care of your kids and possibly future kids. I know we always need all we can get!
Post a Comment