LIfe with the Ropers

LIfe with the Ropers

Monday, July 20, 2009

Growing up

I haven't had much to blog about lately.

Today I took pictures of my girls and I saw something that I've been trying to avoid--L is growing up; she's a "school girl." :( I have seen a tremendous change in her over the past 6 months. She seems to excel in everything she tries. I'm so proud of her! But I am so sad that she has lost that baby/little girl look. She'll be six in December. I can't believe that 1/3 of the time she'll be here at home with me has already passed me by!!!! I've always been told that "they grow up fast" and I'm starting to see that. I'm suddenly wanting to slow time down.

Don't get me wrong. I love the independence that comes with this age. It is so nice to have a child who can get her own snacks, help me find things in the grocery store, and will read her sisters a book. I love watching her learn new things, such as telling time, reading, and counting money. It is so fun to watch her discover the world in an academic way. I LOVE homeschooling her. We have such a blast!

I guess I'm just realizing that I won't have my "little girls" forever. So for now, I'm going to rock my babies, cuddle with them on my lap, and play house as much as I can.....

I love my girls!

6 comments:

Brook said...

Ahhhh! They are ALL growing up. Audrey suddenly looks way older than she should be. Maybe its the longer hair. And Rose! When did she get so big?!? So excited to see them in less than two weeks! Hooray! Hooray!

tamster17 said...

What a great post Amy! And yes -- time really does fly! Kayla will be 10 in Dec! Her time with us is more than 1/2 gone!

Ashley A. said...

I've been realizing the same thing about my kids lately. I need to enjoy my time with them more. You are a good example of that.

I LOVE your header picture. That is so cute.

Kreller Kaboodle said...

I just found your blog and it is soo cute! You are such a good mommy! It's awesome! Your girls are SOOOO beautiful!! You are so blessed! :)

Dad said...

A wise person once said, "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift. That's why it is called the present." Enjoy them while you can. They are precious.

Barbara said...

I love the new picture of the girls! Can I have one? They do grow up so fast, too fast. Cradle them all you can. One day they won't want to sit on your lap - I remember that as a sad day-but oh so necessary. It's all part of the journey . . . How blessed we are!