LIfe with the Ropers

LIfe with the Ropers

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Baby on Friday?

Well, I spent 6 of the longest hours of my life yesterday in Labor and Delivery. I went in because I was nervous that I was leaking amniotic fluid. Can I just say how much I detest teaching hospitals??? The time it takes to work through the chain of command is ridiculous. Yesterday I was the guinea pig of 1 nursing student, 2 OB interns, and 1 OB resident. It was SO obnoxious. Even the nurses were upset with how long I was there. What should have taken 1.5 hours took 6 hours! Ridiculous!

Long story short, I am not leaking fluid, which is good. However my blood pressure was high and they were toying with the idea of inducing me while I was there. I tried to explain that my BP was high because I was so irritated after being there so long, and because that tiny room induces anxiety because of my last experience there (quick un-medicated delivery of Rose). But they didn't seem to care about that. Finally they decided to run some tests and let me go home for a few days to let the baby grow for a little longer. So on Friday morning (Oct 16th) I go in for the test results (and no doubt, MORE tests) and then they'll decide if they want to induce me that day or wait until the 22nd (which is already scheduled).

Honestly, I REALLY want them to induce me on Friday. I'm already dilated to 3cm and I am so afraid of going into labor and having a repeat of my experience with R. After spending 6 hours there yesterday, I'm convinced that if I'm not induced, I'll end up with an un-medicated, scary delivery just like last time. So I'm laying low for the next couple of days and really, really hoping that the doctor wants to induce me on Friday. Wish me luck!!! :)

6 comments:

Christie said...

I'll keep you in my prayers that everything will happen for the best!

Katy said...

OK... I can SO empathize with your UC Davis Labor and Delivery annoyance. I went in 3 times with Claire and the time they discovered her SVT took them 6 hours to see me. When things were clearly scary with her... all the sudden everyone was avaliable to see me. retarded. I am SO sorry and I feel your pain. I don't know why those rooms make you feel so miserable, but they SO do. I hated being there SO much!
Good Luck with Friday. I feel for 8-9 mo. pregnant friends... it just plain wrong to be that pregnant.
Can't wait to see the pictures!

CHELZERS said...

Did you have the fFN test? I'm so sorry that was a crappy day. I hope Friday goes better for you and that you can be comfortable and carry the baby as long as you can. [hugs]

Kasia said...

holy cow I am so sorry! I hope you get induced, I LOVED getting induced with my last one after not getting an epidural with Brady. I hope all goes well...

Mr. and Mrs. Hillarious said...

Ah! That's so scary! Let us know if there's anything we can do for you! So far we don't have anything really scheduled tomorrow if you need help with the kiddos or anything! And good luck with getting this baby delivered...hopefully not like Rose!

Shapiro said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.