LIfe with the Ropers

LIfe with the Ropers

Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Balancing Act

C is 2 weeks old today. I have had help of some kind since the day she was born, so I still don't feel like I've started "real life" with four kids. But I have noticed that it is going to be quite the balancing act...I'm not quite sure how I'm going to do it. My biggest concern is making sure that each of my children feel loved and important. I've noticed that has become more difficult as they've gotten older, because each child wants to be loved in a different way and has different needs.

I have had a pretty easy recovery this time around. I feel pretty good...actually, I feel a little energetic. Is there such thing as post-pardum nesting? :) I feel the need to tackle all of the organizing and cleaning projects that have been shoved aside for the last 9 months. Today I re-arranged the furniture. Yesterday I sorted through G's desk (it took almost the entire day). Next on the list--clean out the fridge. :) Of course, I'm only able to get all of this done because my Mom took L and A home with her for three days. :) I'm sure once I have all four girls on my own, my outlook and energy level will be quite different.

But for now, things are looking good. :)



6 comments:

Christie said...

I'm glad you're feeling so good!

Don't work too hard. Take a nap while you can!

Marin said...

Ohh I am so glad you have time with the baby and are able to move around again!!! haa haa! I can't wait until I can MOVE around without a huge belly getting in the way!! I think that that has been one of my biggest worry is that Carden will feel neglected when these babies come, but hopefully I will have time for ALL THREE!!

Christie said...

PS I remember feeling that concern of giving everyone the attention they need, but realizing that even though my new baby might not get the same attention from me as the first or second, she'd get a different kind of attention from her sisters that the others didn't get. I don't know if that makes sense or is helpful, but just remember that you are an amazing person and your family is so blessed to have you!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kara said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
tamster17 said...

Can't believe it's been over 2 weeks. So fun to see the new pic of your 4 girls on top of your blog. Glad you are feeling good and even energetic to boot! That's awesome! I have a gift that I've been meaning to send off to you (but it hasn't happened yet). Mailing things is not a strength of mine! :-O Hopefully you guys will get it before Christmas! :-)