LIfe with the Ropers

LIfe with the Ropers

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Party Time

Miss R turned two years old!!!

The night before her birthday (for a Family Home Evening activity) we all pitched in to help make the cake. This year I decided to do The Very Hungry Caterpillar. I'm not a great cake decorator at all, but I was very happy with the way it turned out.



Since we made it the night before, we had to cover him up--in a cocoon.

Miss R LOVED her cake.

And she loved the attention.

Miss L & Miss A made decorations for the party. Can you tell what they drew?

Miss R received lots of small presents, and some fun things for her baby dolls. She loved everything she received. Here are a few pictures. We tried to capture her excitement, but getting a 2 year old to smile and look at the camera is pretty much impossible.





She has been playing non-stop with her new stroller. It's so fun to have a girl who will play with dolls. For years our doll stuff has been collecting dust. And of course, now that Miss R is interested in dolls, Miss L & Miss A are too! :)

Happy Birthday Miss R!

8 comments:

kelly belly said...

oh my -- i LOVE the cake!!! can i get the recipe/directions? xoxo

CHELZERS said...

Very cute cake for a very cute girl! happy birthday little big-girl Miss R! :)

Tami said...

So cute! Great cake Aim!

dottie said...

I love the pictures...she's adorable..as are the other girls :)

Jani said...

Totally adorable! Love that cake, good job!

tamster17 said...

So fun! Love your Hungry Caterpillar cake! I think you did a great job! :-) Fun to see the pics. Can't believe she's already 2!

Christie said...

Oh, Amy, that is the cutest cake and little girl ever!

This would have been perfect for the Very Hungry Caterpillar theme we did for Macy's Preschool gang! I'll have to remember it for the future.

Johnson Family said...

I am so impressed! You are a fabulous cake decorator! Your girls are darling!! Happy B-day!