I'm having a really hard time posting something today.
Have you ever had an experience that changes the way you view life? That helps clarify what is truly important--and makes everything else in life seem trivial? I had one of those experiences 2 weeks ago when the bishop of my home ward was murdered in the church foyer. I'm having a hard time describing how I have felt, or what I have witnessed. Shock. Heartbreak. Fear. Hope. Love. Courage. The past two weeks I have seen the power of God manifested boldly in the lives of those I love, and it has been truly amazing. Hearing Julie (his wife) bear testimony of the Plan of Salvation and trusting in God's plan for each of us strengthened my own testimony. Truly, I have never witnessed greater faith, than in watching the Sannar family deal with this tragedy.
And so I'm sort of feeling like everything I talk about on this blog is really trivial...
But since I promised to report (I missed reporting last week because I was out of town)---I lost another 2.5 pounds.
1 comment:
I understand. I think that is why it has been so hard for me to blog lately as well. I still think about it every day and am amazed by their great faith. I just can't even believe it still, but being in that building and hearing the testimonies truly strengthened mine and I was able to gain some peace in my own life.
Post a Comment