LIfe with the Ropers

LIfe with the Ropers

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A Pinkalicious Party

Miss A turned five years old last week. I can't believe it! The tradition in our family is that the kids have their first REAL birthday party (with friends, decorations, etc) when they turn five, so Miss A has been looking forward to this for months! She decided to have a Pinkalicious Party, which was a total blast. If you haven't read the book Pinkalicious, DO! It's so cute.

Miss A waiting for her guests


We played balloon games while we waited for everyone to arrive.


We started the party by reading the book.


Then Auntie K & I helped the girls get decked out with pink nail polish, eye shadow, & lipstick.


The girls did Pinkalicious activity pages--mazes, coloring pages, & a word search.


And made Pinkalicious wands.



And of course, ate Pinkalicious cupcakes....
We also had a giant cupcake with candles on it. It was absolutely hideous; it completely fell apart. Hence I did not post any pictures of it. Miss A loved it though. What a sweetheart---so forgiving of my cake decorating inadequacies.

opened presents....


and pulled a pinata.


Here is the entire gang with their loot.


Happy 5th Birthday Miss A! I love you!!!

8 comments:

tamster17 said...

Loved the pics of Miss A's birthday party! So cute! Looks like they all had a great time! :-)

Marin said...

AWESOME!!!! That is just so cute. Wish Carden was a girl and we could have came!! haa ha!!! That is a great idea. Maybe when Brooke turns five I will have to copy your great idea!

kelly belly said...

Such a fun party. you are a wonderful mother amy! happy birthday sweet audrey -- thank you for inviting me. I had SOO much fun! xo

Brook said...

Love it! What a great party planner! And happy birthday to (one of) my favorite niece(s)!

The Looney Writer said...

So, did she forget that she was getting a mermaid book?

Julie said...

Looks like so much fun! Happy Birthday to Audrey!

kelly belly said...

...and by the way. you are right. i've never seen audrey smile so much in my entire life. i LOVE it! :)

Dad said...

I will take the pinata cupcake.