LIfe with the Ropers

LIfe with the Ropers

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Checking in

I haven't reported on my weight loss journey in quite a while. I just haven't had time with the holidays. I am happy to report as of last Friday I had lost more weight, and have now lost a total of 20.5 pounds! :D

Unfortunately, I think the past week has ruined me. Between a wedding all-you-can-eat buffet, a weeks worth of holiday baking (and eating), and Pertussis (McDonalds is much more appealing than cooking when I am sick), I am seriously afraid to step on the scale. Since Christmas is this weekend, followed by a cruise on New Years....I'm in BIG TROUBLE!!! Hopefully I can resist all of the sweets, and make it through!

Thanks everybody!

5 comments:

The only one who writes anything said...

Good job, girl!

Don't automatically assume that the cruise will be bad news...which line are you going on? When Ben and I went to Alaska on Norwegian, the food was amazing and yeah, that was bad! But on Carnival (to the caribbean) the food was just so-so not even worth indulging in.)

Anyway, no matter which one your on, enjoy yourself, but make up for it doing all the physical things on/off the ship :)

Merry Christmas!

The Good Life said...

20 lbs is a HUGE accomplishment! Congrats! Don't be too hard on yourself. It's the holidays and depriving yourself will make it more tempting. Take a bite of something but then put it down and drink some water. If you still want it, enjoy. If it wasn't worth the calories don't eat it. Just don't get down about it. You are making big steps (or Leaps) and you aren't going to ruin that by enjoying yummy food in moderation. Merry Christmas and enjoy your cruise...jealous!

Mr. and Mrs. Hillarious said...

Wahoo 20 lbs! You go girl! My best friend challenged me to only have one serving a day for these next two weeks. It's so hard with so much around me, but I know I'd be eating so much more junk if I didn't keep the challenge going. It's kind of fun to pick the one dessert I want to eat for the day and I look forward to it all day. Good luck! And have lots of fun on your cruise!!

The Looney Writer said...

There's a solution: Don't go on the cruise, or leave us to look after your stinking kids! Stay home and on your diet!

Toyin O. said...

Good job losing all that weight; keep up the good work.