I was sleeping peacefully in my bed when suddenly Miss L rushes in screaming, "MOM! MOM!" I jumped up, obviously concerned by the alarm in her voice.
Me: What?!!! What's wrong?!!!
Miss L, in a complete state of panic: Miss A guessed her birthday present!!!
Me, completely annoyed: What! How did she guess you were going to give her a Mermaid book?
Miss L, looking guilty: Well, I sort of gave her a hint. And she guessed it! (This was was said in an accusing manner. How dare Miss A guess it correctly! Haha!)
Me: Well Miss L, you shouldn't have given her clues. Sorry. I guess you ruined the surprise.
Miss L leaves the room extremely upset.
A few hours later while ALL of us were playing in the dining room we had the following conversation.
Miss L: MOM! I'm so sad that Miss A knows what I'm getting her for her birthday. (Big sad face)
Mom: Well, I'm sorry. We can't do anything about that now.
Miss A: Wait! I forgot. What did you get me again?
Miss L, a big smile across her face: You forgot????
Miss A: Ya. What was it again?
Mom: Miss L, I guess you lucked out that Miss A doesn't remember.
Miss L: Ya Mom! I'm so happy she doesn't remember that I'm getting her a Mermaid book!!!
Miss A: gasp
Mom: gasp
Miss L bursts into tears. :(
Poor Miss L! We haven't talked about it since. I have no idea if Miss A remembers---I guess we'll find out on her birthday. :)
3 comments:
HILARIOUS.
Sersiously too funny! :-)
Post a Comment