I lost 4.5 pounds this week, for a total of 10 lbs. Not bad for 2 weeks!!! Now my weight loss will drop to the normal (and healthy) 1-2 pounds per week. I am really excited about how things are going...but if I'm being completely honest...I have been SO GRUMPY! Just ask my poor husband. I cannot believe how grumpy I have been. I mentioned last week that I feel like a lot of entertainment disappeared when the food disappeared...and I find myself having a difficult time finding an "out" to my stressful days. And seriously--with four kids under 7, EVERY day is stressful. I need to find another way to treat myself other than food. Any ideas?
Here is a list of junk food I passed up this week. I like this list because it's a reminder for me of the sacrifices I am making, regardless of what the scale shows.
Ice cream (4 nights in a row)
Cinnamon rolls (Could KILL my husband for making them)
A variety of candy (purchased for Miss A's pinata)
Blueberry Macaroon Tart (it was calling my name, I swear)
I have to say that I really feel like I've learned a lot about healthy eating over the past 2 weeks. As I mentioned in previous posts, I've done Weight Watchers a couple of times and I have learned all about filling up on good foods (high fiber, low fat). But I have never really thought much about carbs. I've tried lots of times to eat more veggies, but giving up the carbs is what ultimately FORCED me to eat more vegetables. I enjoy the challenge of eating 2 cups of veggies with lunch and dinner. It helps me stay focused on eating the right foods. And after 2 cups of veggies and a little lean protein, I really don't have much room left to eat carbs. Yay!!!
So now on to week three! Thanks for your support everybody! It really helps me to know that you are all keeping me accountable!
6 comments:
Awesome!! I don't know if I have that kind of willpower. That is really impressive.
I have the same exact problem of using food as a way to improve/escape/(insert whatever) my life on difficult days. When Joe isn't around for long periods of time (like this summer!) and I'm trying to adjust to it, I cook and bake a ton. It's entertainment for me, too. So...I'm sorry but I'm not sure what to replace that with. I'll check back here to see if anyone else has good ideas. Maybe if you find some good books to read you could treat yourself to some reading time alone when things get difficult? I don't know...
Anyway, keep up the good work!
10 pounds is awesome! Keep it up!
Congratulations Amy! It looks like you will be giving me a "run for my money" in the weight loss contest. love, dad
Wow- that's amazing! I find myself snacking to beat the stress and monotony as well. Wish I had a better solution! I'm very impressed, Amy!
Way to go! I was thinking about you and wondering how you're doing just today when I sat down to lunch. You're helping motivate me, too.
I read somewhere that when you have a craving, if you just wait something like 7 minutes, then it will go away.
It is interesting how food is how we treat ourselves to often. Maybe, put on fun music and dance with the kids instead to keep your mind off of it. I'd be up for other good ideas, too.
So proud of you Amy! Keep up the good work! I wrote a post a week or so ago and something glitched and it never went through. :-( So, now I'm finally getting around to trying to comment again. Are you and Dad having a weight loss contest?
Post a Comment