LIfe with the Ropers

LIfe with the Ropers

Friday, October 22, 2010

Do-Over

I would love to have a magic rewind button for this week. I made WAY TOO MANY poor food choices. We had such a fun week, first at the pumpkin patch and then at Apple Hill. How in the world have I lived in Sacramento for 3 years and somehow neglected to go to Apple Hill? Apple Cider Donuts. Apple Pie. Caramel Apples. Hmmm, maybe it's good that I didn't discover this yummy place until now. Haha! :D

This week I am going to take a "pass" on the scale. The numbers are such a mental game for me. I either get discouraged and give-up, or get excited and eat a little extra---neither of which is good for me. So I'm going to try something new---and avoid the scale for 2 weeks. It may or may not work for me. We'll see.

I'm also thinking of going back to Phase 1 of the South Beach Diet. I have slowly strayed from Phase 2 of the diet---and have found myself enjoying too many sweets. The good news is that I'm still eating lots of vegetables. In fact I found a DIVINE salad at one of my favorite restaurants (Tower Cafe) that I crave. For all of you locals--you have to try the Thai Steak Salad. YUMMY!!!!

Anyway, I should really stop talking about food....

No comments: