A typical morning at our house:
Miss L received some butterfly larvae in the mail. After reading her the "rules" she decided to write them down and post them for all to see. :D
Gross, huh? It was pretty cool though.
We have butterflies!!!
Time to let them fly away.
Miss L working on her caterpillar/butterfly field journal.
This is our most recent science/history project. The girls had TONS of fun with this! They could not believe that it actually erupted!
They were so proud.
Every Friday (and often other days of the week if there's time) the girls get to choose an art project. Most recently they have been having fun doing mosaics. I would have LOVED something like this when I was a child!
Miss A's artwork
Miss L's artwork
We also recently had some field trips. That's one of the fun things about homeschooling. When you go somewhere fun, you can call it school. :D
Then Apple Hill....I forgot my camera, but we took some pics of their painted faces when we got home.
I never thought in a million years I'd homeschool my children. But I do have to say, we're having a blast!!!!
6 comments:
Oh my goodness. Miss R's sweet face slays me. She is getting more adorable every day!!
I wish I could be homeschooled.
Wow! Looks like fun! You're a brave woman to attempt it, I'm not sure I'd be up to the challenge.
Looks like lots of fun! I love their art projects! I marvel at your energy! Amazing YOU!
I can't believe our grandchildren are so beautiful and smart. Amy, you are one amazing woman.
i NEED some of that artwork for my office!!!! please!!!
love the butterfly lifecycle units -- one of my favorite things to do with my kids. we would hold a "release ceremony" and they would write poems to tell them goodbye. It was so tender!!
have you thought about creating a home-schooling blog with your ideas?
xo
Post a Comment