Last week Baby C decided to go on a nursing strike. Since she is 2 weeks shy of turning a year old, I decided to take advantage of her disinterest--and wean her. It was a pretty big jump for both of us. At the time she was still nursing 3 times per day, and was not interested in drinking whole milk, so the whole thing was a little stressful (and painful). I'm always a little emotional when I wean my babies. I'm not a mother who adores breastfeeding, but I do think it creates a sweet bond between mother and baby. For me, weaning is a sign that I'm losing my baby; she's growing up! I can't believe she will turn 1 year old next week. Here is a recent photo of her so you can see all of her cuteness!
One of the biggest blessings of weaning is the freedom I have to leave for extended amounts of time. Next month I am going to the city (SF) with my sister to see West Side Story---I can't wait! And I'm trying to schedule a weekend for me to enjoy some spa time (a gift my husband gave me for our anniversary). It's so nice to have the freedom to leave. :D
As a side note, I lost 1.5 pounds this week. Yay! I have decided to change my weigh-in day to Friday, so I can enjoy my weekends a little more. :D So from now on, I'll be reporting on Friday. Thanks for your continued support!!!!
2 comments:
AMEN!!! Oh I can't wait to be finished but then I too think the same way (I'm loosing my babies!).
What a cutie she is! SHe is really getting so BIG! I love that picture!
How FUN going to see West SIde story. Maybe I better get tickets for when I am done nursing to celebrate!!! haa haa!!!
Funny- Adam quit nursing last week as well. This is a good 2 months sooner than I've weaned the others, so it made me a little sad.
And, Glenn and I are going to take a quick overnight trip next week when we go to Nauvoo for my sister's wedding. Maybe finishing the nursing a little early won't be so bad after all!
Little C is adorable!
P.S. I'm so impressed with your weight loss! You're doing great!
Post a Comment